Help to get you through COVID-19
Firstly, I hope everyone has been keeping safe and as well as possible. As time goes on and we're spending more time in social isolation, I have found that more of us are needing support. Extra support right now is normal and completely understandable. We have been experiencing collective anxiety and grief for the past couple of months due to the health and economic impacts of COVID-19. We also social creatures who require social connection and bonding for survival. With restrictions and our collective concerns, it's been a difficult time for most of us. There are many resources our there to support us, but here are a few of that stand out.
Resources to help you through:
Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Services - Beyond Blue
Coronavirus: Resources for Anxiety and Stress - Black Dog Institute
Head to Health - Department of Health, The Australian Government
Writing exercise to help you through:
When we're feeling lonely, stressed, flat, and frustrated, it is easy to lose sight of the bigger picture. Along with the above resources you may like to take the time to do the following writing exercise by yourself, or with others.
1. List 3 things that you are grateful for right now
2. List 3 things you are appreciative of right now
3. Right down your short-term goals (next 3 - 6 months)
4. Right down your long-term goals (> 12 months)
5. Ideally, where do you envision yourself in 5 years? Think about your personal and work life. Include where you might be living, where you may have travelled, and the people who might be in your life. Write this down with as much detail as possible.
Have fun with these questions!
Help when you need:
At the Inner Collective we are here to support your emotional wellbeing and mental health through this time, and as we emerge out of self-isolation.
We offer Telehealth services (video sessions) for as long as the government supports Medicare rebates for these services. Please check out our online therapy page for further information or contact us at email@example.com should you have any questions.
In a crisis please contact Lifeline 13 11 14 or emergency.
We hope are continuing to keep well.